Old 17-03-2009, 07:50 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
KingFish KingFish is offline

Default New pump turns on every 57 seconds.

wrote in message
I just recently installed a new irrigation pump for my lawn. It is a
one hp irrigation pump using a 30/50 pressure switch. Everything
seems to be working with one hitch. The pressure switch kicks in
every 50 seconds or so even when there is no command from the timer to
water. It only kicks in for a couple of seconds and then shuts down.
Just before it kicks in again I can hearing a faint clicking and it
gets faster just before kicking in. It is like it is losing pressure
constantly. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I was
told I didn't need to replace the air tank since I was only using it
now for irrigation and not to get water for the house. Do I have a
defective pressure switch, is the missing tank the problem, or did I
wire something wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Also if you
could cc a copy to I would see the answer sooner.

turn down the upper limit and maybe even the lower limit.