Old 17-03-2009, 08:01 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Richard Evans Richard Evans is offline

Default Container gardening

wrote:

You'd probably be better off heading to Sam's club or Harris teeter
and begging some empty 5 gallon buckets off the bakery.
Drill several large holes in the side of the pot near the bottom.

Having six cats, I have a virtually endless supply of 40-pound litter
buckets. Never thought of it before, but each one would hold a tomato
plant.

Oh, and put your pipe down and wash your hands like you are
preparing for surgery before handling tomato plants.

I didn't recognize your email address, so my first reaction was "Who
the hell here knows I smoke a pipe?" Then I saw your signature.

Odds are there is tobacco mosaic virus infected material in your
pipe tobacco and it has absolutely no problem infecting tomatoes.
(As well as several other things.).

I did not know that.