Old 17-03-2009, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan.holmes alan.holmes is offline

Default Who's got squirrel-trapping experience?

wrote in message
On 16 Mar, 18:47, "alan.holmes" wrote:

Please enlighten me, you could have saved me a lot of money, I have three
fenn traps.

Hi Alan,

Don't get excited, I think he means he's doing what I've been trying,
ie using a fenn trap but building a tunnel round it with four bricks
and a couple of tiles.

Could you explain a bit more about your tunnel technqiue with the bin
bag? You mean you're burying the trap in the earth (which I'm also
doing) and then making some sort of tunnel with a bin bag? One of the
points of the tunnel is to make sure other species don't go into the
trap, I can't see how a bin bag would manage that, but I'm ready to
try all (lawful) ideas.

I'm not now sure what I have are Fenn traps, these are made of wire, a
square tunnel about a couple of feet long and about 6 inches square, a door
at each end which is help open with a piece of wire connected to a pad which
when the tree rats walk over it shuts the doors at each end.

Sits on the surface of the ground and the vermin walk into it because they
have a fasination with tunnels.

Alan