Old 17-03-2009, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan.holmes alan.holmes is offline

Default Who's got squirrel-trapping experience?

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.net...
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 01:39:06 -0000, Christina Websell wrote:

I think it is illegal to release trapped grey squirrels...

It always was, but I think the law has changed recently on this.

The law hasn't changed but the tree huggers have enabled the RSPCA to have
an exemption so when they rescue a tree rat they don't have to kill it,
they can let it go.

TBH I'm not that fussed about greys in most parts of the country but if
one sticks it's head up around here it'll get said head blown off. We live
in one of the few places on the UK mainland that still has a Red
population.

When I was a child red sqirrels were in abundance, but I haven't seen one
for years.

Alan

--
Cheers