Old 17-03-2009, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tom Tom is offline

Default It's been a lovely day -

wrote in :

In article ,
Rusty_Hinge wrote:
The message
from "mark" contains these words:

Q. How do you confuse A Jehovahs Witness?
A. Say "come in"

When I had the smallholding I did so regularly - once a month. There was
tea and chat, one of my cheeses to try perhaps, but no God.

You can confuse that sort of person by quoting the bible at them ....

Variant, particularly effective if they are preaching on a
street corner: ask them to read bits of the bible out loud.
They know how dodgy it is, but they can't appear to have any
doubt in its literal truth.

Once, on a quiet Saturday, I was talking to
some Brethren children (and their handlers) about how they
could relate some of the bible stories to their own experience
and imagination. After 15 minutes, the kids were becoming
really interested, and that spooked their adults into
sheparding them away for re-education. Most satisfying.