Old 18-03-2009, 03:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] Peter@yahoo.com is offline

Default Squirrel Deterent for Bulbs and Tubers

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 21:11:59 -0400, Phisherman wrote:

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 19:34:34 -0400, wrote:

Greetings all....

Time to start planting bulbs and some suggestions are needed on
repelling squirrels.

Try squirrel soup. You'll need at least 3 or 4. The meat goes
through a strainer to remove the pesky little bones. I can usually
catch up to 8 in a day using peanut butter crackers. Google for
recipes.

Thanks, but I gotta watch my diet. I like the peanut butter cracker
idea... it'll make nice bait for the traps.

Dumb question... do people actually eat squirrel anymore ??? I'm
in suburbia with a diversified ethnic population.... if these are
delicacies on anyones menu, I'll be more than happy to deliver
fresh ones to their doorstep.... I know venison is appreciated,
and dogs and cats are always welcome... but squirrel ???

Peter