Old 12-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Cass

Default How did everybody get started with their rose hobby?

Radika Kesavan wrote:

Speaking of potent and fecund roses, for the first time in all these
years, I have got rose seedlings popping up in a couple of different
places; one is something from Irene Watts, or Souv de St. Anne's and
some Moore miniatures; the other is something from one of Kim's roses -
Dotty Louise, Othello, Gertrude Jekyll and Comte de Chambord. That's
what happens when I give up on deadheading. Am just letting the
seedlings grow in situ to see if I can tell what is what.

I wish I had seedlings, but where I've had budded roses and moved them,
I think I'm getting root divisions of the rootstock. If the darned
things would just flower, already. This happens so often that I'm
surprised I don't hear about it from others. Or am I the only one to
redecorate their roses? I've been encouraged by the results of the
moves, and I moved some honkers.