Old 18-03-2009, 07:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Squirrel Deterent for Bulbs and Tubers

In article ,
"brooklyn1" wrote:

"Bill" wrote
Try not to plant in a straight line. A naturalist scattering of
plants helps to make it harder for the rats with tails to find your
plants.

Bill

Holey moley... you actually think squirrels take geometry in high school.
Now my squirrels must have a Phd in calculus, because I toss out peanuts in
every possible random configuration, they find them all, and faster than you
can.

Some humans just love straight lines. Dig a small v shaped ditch and
plant away. The world class gymnast "Rat with fancy tail" comes along
and fines a treat and softened or disturbed earth and follows the path
perhaps scent .
Food on the surface is rat with non fancy tail attractant also.

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA