Old 18-03-2009, 04:18 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Frank Frank is offline

Default Lawn spreaders

On Mar 15, 9:41*am, renedrag
wrote:
I've just acquire a yard equipement system lawn spreader with on
instruction manuel and I'm unsure of the setting for application
rates.It's a USA made spreader,if anyone can help it would be much
appreciated.
Thanks
Martin.

--
renedrag

Doubt if there is any standard for US spreader. Fertilizer will
usually specify settings for different manufacturers, most common
being Scott. Spread rate will depend on particle size. If you want
to be precise, pick a setting and weigh loaded spreader before and
after covering a defined area and adjust accordingly for your
application.