Old 18-03-2009, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_2_] Spider[_2_] is offline

Default Hello, a newbie here

"Gilli99" wrote in message

Hello

I live in the West country, in West Somerset. I have a fairly large
garden, which my husband and I created from scratch. We grow mainly
shrubs and flowers, but do grow some vegetables in containers.
We can grow a few more exotic plants, which seem to do well here,
because our climate is generally mild, even in the depths of winter!
Hope I get to know people here. Thank you for admitting me.

--
Gilli99

Hello Gill,

Welcome to the ng. I (and the Husband Thingy) am in SE London on high
ground and on heavy clay. We also grow more decoratives than veg, and we
attempt a few exotics but, without your balmy climate, we have losses from
time to time. I am the main gardener here, but I sometimes let Richard (the
HT) come out and play.

I am sure you will get to know everyone here. It is a good and very helpful
ng.

Spider