Old 18-03-2009, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Felling trees, the alternative way!

On 18/3/09 18:01, in article ,
"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote:

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 15:27:20 GMT, Rusty_Hinge
wrote:

The message
from "Bob Hobden" contains these words:

A totally different way to remove trees including most of the roots.

Emerson Park Tree Felling Company (in which I was a partner) has been
doing that since its inception in the 1950s

It's the way the wind has been doing it since trees first grew

It felled my fir tree last year.

Steve

It knocked a 100year old macrocarpa down one path in our garden from the
churchyard next door last year, too. Were we lucky!! We were rather happy
that the parish council paid for 3 other dangerous trees to be felled before
half our garden and a few parishioners were kicked into touch! And yes,
they were felled by the climb up, take off limbs and reduce height method.
Anything else would have wrecked a large part of our garden.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com