Old 19-03-2009, 12:51 AM posted to rec.gardens
Johnny Borborigmi[_2_] Johnny Borborigmi[_2_] is offline

Default My daffodils have disappeared. Please help!

On Mar 17, 8:45*pm, OneCentRob
wrote:
3 years ago we had too many daffodills in our rose bed so we thinned
them out a bit and transplanted some of the bulbs to other beds in the
garden. The following year, all the translpanted bulbs in the other
beds came up, but in the original bed hardly any came up at all.
Consequently, last year we planted a few more bulbs in the rose bed.
This year, not one bulbs in the rose bed has come up. All the others
daffodils in the garden have come up as usual are are starting to
flower, but there isn't a single daffodil shoot in the rose bed.

We are aware that we get various animals coming into our garden,
including foxes and deer, which eat various plants but this does not
explain why only one bed has been affected, and why it has been
affected to suddenly and severely.

In case it makes any difference, I should probably add that we live in
West Sussex in the UK, in a rural location with a west facing garden on
fairly steep incline.

Any advice on how to encourage the daffodils to return, or possible
explanation as to why they may have disappeared would be very welcome.

Rob

--
OneCentRob

Daffs dig themselves deeper every year. Dig them up, separate the
babies and replant at the proper depth.

Do this every 3-4 years.