Old 18-03-2009, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hello, a newbie here

In article ,
Martin wrote:
On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 21:18:53 -0000, "Ophelia" wrote:

Is the slug thing a problem in all gardens? I think Rusty was talking about
keeping them off the plants, not killing them? Maybe I have it wrong. Does
the beer just kill them if you find them? How will it keep them off if you
are not on guard?

It kills them. More humane than using a squirrel gun to kill them.

I must say that I had never thought of shooting slugs, though I can
see that people who have trouble with fish in barrels might like the
idea.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.