Old 18-03-2009, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default Tomato variety for hanging baskets?

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
. uk...
The message
from "mark" contains these words:

Did you know that British Sugar is the largest grower of round tomatoes
in
the UK and it happens in Norfolk?
http://www.britishsugar.co.uk/RVEcb3...7e8e268,,.aspx

Yes, and I regularly buy big bags of them for very little.

Without visiting the URL I can state that they are excellent, and
actually have flavour, and if you have ever driven by settlement lagoons
by a (beet) sugar factory, you'll understand how they are so productive.

Waste heat and waste materials combine to help the plants grow to a
height (I am informed) of around sixteen feet.

The biggest tomatos I ever saw were growing at the Becton sewage works in
east London. Saw the biggest rats I've ever seen there as well :-}

--
Kathy

It's pointless to try and discuss ethics with a spider.