Old 19-03-2009, 12:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jon[_9_] Jon[_9_] is offline

Default Felling trees, the alternative way!

On Mar 18, 8:33�pm, Rusty_Hinge
wrote:
The message
from contains these words:

In article ,
Rusty_Hinge � wrote:

The largest trees we've taken down (in sections) were two poplars, which
were six feet in diameter at the base, and over 200 feet high. They were
landmarks - and could be seen from twenty miles away on a clear day.

Hmm. �That's well over 250 feet.

What's well over 250 ft?

One was 218 feet and the oter was 209 IIRC

�Methinks 20 miles is a trifle of
an exaggeration ....

Nope. They were on high ground beside the Thames Basin in North London,
and they poked up like - well, I've heard them referred to as -
'rabbit's ears' and 'two fingers'.

By-the-bye, while we were working on them we were being observed by a
buzzard, for a while.

--
Rusty

How old would that have been Rusty ? (Just interested)

Gary