Old 19-03-2009, 05:54 AM posted to aus.gardens
Trish Brown Trish Brown is offline

Default Defeat for the bats, birds and possums.

David Hare-Scott wrote:

snip

What about a scarecrow??? Now *that* would add a talking point to your
garden! ;-D

You'll be suggesting gnomes soon.

David

OH! Of *course*! Now, why didn't I think of that? I have two: Gregoire
and Grenouille. (Actually, they belong to my son, who is 33 and autistic
and has a bit of a 'thing' for garden gnomes).

Once, years ago, I went to a rather dressed-up 50th birthday breakfast
for a bloke who *hated* garden gnomes with a passion.

On the invitations, it was stipulated that each guest must bring at
least one (1) garden gnome as a gift. LOL! A great laugh was had by all,
and the gnomes were all raffled off for charity. Except for mine. I
tooled it on leather and painted it gnomishly, framing it in an old-gold
celtic-style frame. AFAIK, it still sits on the bloke's grand piano
these thirty-odd years later. LOL!

--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia