Old 19-03-2009, 01:06 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Lawn spreaders

On Mar 15, 4:14*pm, "cshenk" wrote:
"renedrag" co.uk wrote

I've just acquire a yard equipement system lawn spreader with on
instruction manuel and I'm unsure of the setting for application
rates.It's a USA made spreader,if anyone can help it would be much
appreciated.

Depends on your soil there. *Best bet would be the medium spread for
UK.

Medium spread setting for putting down what? The setting depends
entirely on the particle size, concentration of the product, and the
desired application rate, not the country.

If you can't find the info on the web from the manufacturer, then you
can do a test run over a smaller area of known size, weighing out a
particular amount of product and seeing what rate it goes down at with
a particular setting.