Old 19-03-2009, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

Default Who's got squirrel-trapping experience?

wrote in message
In article 3,
Tom wrote:
"Ophelia" wrote in
:

Might I suggest the OP learns to use his airgun well? Much better to
eat
what you kill if they are edible. I have plenty of recipes if anyone
is
interested

Yes please. Brief details only! (My local butcher had them
for sale at the weekend).

I presume you can cook them like wild rabbit or hare.

More like rabbit, but gamier. Despite the close relationship of
rabbits and hares, the need to be treated entirely differently in
cooking. Rabbit is almost a "white" meat; hare is precisely the
converse.

The wild rabbit I ate at the weekend was pretty 'gamey'. Most rabbit in the
shops is farmed, and more like chicken. Mind you, it's decades since I
jugged a hare.