Old 19-03-2009, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Hello, a newbie here

In message ,
Rusty_Hinge writes
The message
from Martin contains these words:
On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 21:18:53 -0000, "Ophelia" wrote:

Is the slug thing a problem in all gardens? I think Rusty was
talking about
keeping them off the plants, not killing them? Maybe I have it
wrong. Does
the beer just kill them if you find them? How will it keep them off
if you
are not on guard?

It kills them. More humane than using a squirrel gun to kill them.

Don't be silly! You use a slug-gun.

A pair of old scissors works.

My daughter's partner used to snip 'em in two, but couldn't do so if her
friend was visiting, because if he went out with the scissors in his
hand she ran down the garden after him shrieking obscenities.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply