Old 19-03-2009, 06:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Strange plant problem

In article
,
richardg wrote:

I have been growing my own vegetable plants under fluorescent lights
and heating mats for many years. This year I have encountered a
problem I never had before. I hope this group can help. The seeds
germinate and grow a stem and leaves. They look vigorous. About a week
later the leaves are gone leaving only about a 1.5 inch stem The stem
looks like it is cut off right below the leaves. The stem doesn't look
diseased. This occurred on my pepper and lettuce seedlings.
Thanks, Richard

Do the trays have tight fitting lids? Sounds like insects or mice.
--

Billy
"For the first time in the history of the world, every human being is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvCCc4g9wM8&NR=1