Old 19-03-2009, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tom Tom is offline

Default Who's got squirrel-trapping experience?

wrote in :

In article 3,
Tom wrote:
"Ophelia" wrote in
:

Might I suggest the OP learns to use his airgun well? Much better
to eat what you kill if they are edible. I have plenty of recipes
if anyone is interested

Yes please. Brief details only! (My local butcher had them
for sale at the weekend).

I presume you can cook them like wild rabbit or hare.

More like rabbit, but gamier. Despite the close relationship of
rabbits and hares, the need to be treated entirely differently in
cooking. Rabbit is almost a "white" meat; hare is precisely the
converse.

Farmed rabbit certainly is, but the difference is less clear
with wild rabbit. But there certainly is a difference, and I
was using the other meaning of "or" (e.g at the junction you
can turn left or right

Never did like the simple words: "and" is another slippery
customer with diametruically opposed meanings depending on
the context.

I once made a casserole of young rabbit and squirrel - that worked
well.

I really must buy some squirrel, even if it is only to squick
some squeamish relatives. Personally I don't think you ought
to be regarded as an adult unless you can prepare a small animal
or bird for the pot.

Last weekend I bought razor clams at the same shop. Delicious
when sauteed for 60s, but some people don't like watching them
wriggle immediately before cooking. But perhaps this is
meandering a bit too far off topic.