Old 24-02-2003, 03:15 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] seeds

I recently sowed some Trident Maple, some Chinese Elm, some
Japanese Black
pine, and just a few redwood seeds. I was wondering if anyone

knew about
how long it would take for these seeds to sprout. I have them

in a flat
full of peat pellets with a plastic cover, and a warming pad

underneath.
Very fancy and cheap.I'd appreciate any help.

For the first two, it's probably not as simple as that.

Acer buergeranum need 3 months stratification at 41 degrees to
germinate.

Ulmus parvifolia should sprout readily if the seed was collected
freesh. If left to dry, it requires 2 months cold
stratification.

Pinus thunbergiana should germinate almost immediately.

Sequoia also should germinate readily.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --