Old 20-03-2009, 04:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Strange plant problem

In article
,
" wrote:

On Mar 19, 5:24*pm, "Steve Peek" wrote:
Do you have a cat or dog? They sometimes nibble on young plants.
Steve"richardg" wrote in message

I have been growing my own vegetable plants under fluorescent lights
and heating mats for many years. This year I have encountered a
problem I never had before. I hope this group can help. The seeds
germinate and grow a stem and

leaves.
They look vigorous. About a week later the

leaves
are gone leaving only about a 1.5 inch stem *The stem
looks like it is cut off right below the

leaves.
The stem doesn't look
diseased. This *occurred on my pepper and lettuce seedlings.
Thanks, Richard

I have no pets. I think that some of the stems never got any leaves.
Could this be a germination problem with the seeds?

No it appears to be a problem with public education. Now why don't you
go play in the traffic, and leave the adults alone?
Richard

--

- Billy
"For the first time in the history of the world, every human being is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvCCc4g9wM8&NR=1