Old 20-03-2009, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default My own fault ?

vsop wrote:
Just got back from the garden centre where we went to buy some soft
fruit, and am still chuckling.

I asked the young lad there where did they keep the red and white
currants. He gave me a funny kind of look and said, "Well I know we've
got some red currants and a few white ones too, but I'm pretty sure that
we've sold out of the red and white variety."

I immediately thought he was taking the p... but then realized I should
have been clearer in my request.

vsop

Yes but did he mean the variety with red currants and white currants
both on the same bush, or the variety with berries that are striped red
and white or the variety with berries a checker pattern of red and
white? :-)

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.