Old 21-03-2009, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Best way to kill off Ivy?

Jonathan Campbell wrote:
Jeff Layman wrote:
Jonathan Campbell wrote:
Bob Minchin wrote:

snippy

Incidentally, I've just attempted to use a strongish mixture of
glyphosate on an infestation of bluebells that occupy a border where
I've planted raspberries. An opinion, in an article somewhere on the
internet, was that the bluebell leaves are waxy or oily and would not
absorb the chemical properly; the advice (summarised) was to cut or
wound the leaves by twisting before application.

Best regards,

Jon C.

Don't kill Bluebells! When they die back later this year, dig them
up......I'm sure someone here would take them off your hands.
Infestation indeed..................mutter...........mutter... .....
--
Pete C
London UK