Old 21-03-2009, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Best way to kill off Ivy?

"Bob Minchin" wrote
I've got a well established ivy problem growing up in a narrow crack
between two areas of concrete on my garden boundary - about 30 foot length
of the stuff. Digging up the concrete is not an option so I'm looking for
the most effect chemical warfare to apply for a permanent solution. There
is nothing growing nearby for many feet nor do we want to grow anything
there in the near future.
Stems are 2-3cm diameter so I could drill holes in and feed a chemical in
perhaps?
Any suggestions please?

I've got rid of a very large ivy just a year or so ago and, as it is a plant
that will not come back from the roots, as long as you can cut it below
ground you should have rid of it. If you do get any regrowth then just cut
that off and eventually after one season it will be gone. No chemicals
needed.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden