Old 21-03-2009, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Sorry, OT, but......

Rusty_Hinge wrote:
The message
from "Pete C" contains these words:

.........I know there are clever people here. I bought a secondhand
generator
yesterday for use on the allotment. It's mounted on rubber bushes in
a frame, so, how is it earthed?

It isn't. The 'earth' wire on the extension goes to the genny and
engine.

This means that you're unlikely to get a dangerous shock from (say)
hand to feet.

(Don't try this at home unless you *REALLY* know what you're doing!)
If you're feeling silly/lucky/curious, stand in wellies, on a nice
thick rubber pad, and touch a live wire from your mains supply.

You're unlikely to feel even a tingle.

But be sure not to be touching anything-else!

Eh.........no thanks!

--
Pete C
London UK