Old 22-03-2009, 08:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.food.cooking
Serene Vannoy Serene Vannoy is offline

Default Celery - Favorite recipes?

wrote:
In order to plant my kabocha pumpkins a few days ago I had to dig up 3
good sized celery plants and they're in my refrigerator in plastic bags.
For me living alone, that's a lot of celery! Keeps well, but even so I'm
going to need ideas or most of it will go bad. I need good ideas for
recipes including celery. Celery sticks, celery with peanut butter I
know about. Maybe some soups? What do you like? TIA...

I *love* celery soup. Chop up an onion and a whole stalk (all the ribs,
that is) of celery. Sautee them in butter and/or oil with salt and
pepper until everything's softened. Add good chicken stock or some other
cooking liquid to cover, bring to a boil, and simmer for 30 minutes,
adding more liquid if necessary to keep them covered. At the end,
either puree or don't, depending on your preference, and then add heavy
cream.

Yumma.

Serene

--
42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Inaugural issue March '09!
http://42magazine.com

"But here's a handy hint: if your fabulous theory for ending war and
all other human conflict will not survive an online argument with
humourless feminists who are not afraid to throw rape around as an
example, your theory needs work." -- Aqua, alt.polyamory