Old 23-03-2009, 03:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Celery - Favorite recipes?

"Melba's Jammin'" wrote in message
In article ,
Serene Vannoy wrote:
I *love* celery soup.

(snip)
adding more liquid if necessary to keep them covered. At the end,
either puree or don't, depending on your preference, and then add heavy
cream.
Serene

Have you ever used half and half or evaporated milk instead of the heavy
cream, Serene? I'm thinking I'll try evaporated milk to add richness.

Using half and half will be fine but with evap the result won't taste
anything like had you used cream... in fact you'll probably shit can it.