Old 23-03-2009, 05:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Celery - Favorite recipes?

"Dan Musicant" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 16:58:53 -0400, Bill wrote:

:In article ,
: Dan Musicant ) wrote:
:
: In order to plant my kabocha pumpkins a few days ago I had to dig up 3
: good sized celery plants and they're in my refrigerator in plastic
bags.
: For me living alone, that's a lot of celery! Keeps well, but even so
I'm
: going to need ideas or most of it will go bad. I need good ideas for
: recipes including celery. Celery sticks, celery with peanut butter I
: know about. Maybe some soups? What do you like? TIA...
:
: Dan
:
: Email: dmusicant at pacbell dot net
:
: Got a chance to try out this nifty thing.
:
:http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Celery+recipes
:
:Bill who enjoys celery in tuna fish salad. Celery Seed a must in the
antry.

Yeah, I have been adding chopped celery to my tuna and chicken salads,
but I counted and see I have 4 stalks, not 3 in the fridge. Using it all
before it rots will be a challenge.

Many useful ideas in this thread already, thanks! Will try that soup
recipe. I checked out Joy of Cooking some time ago but wasn't keen on
what they had.

Don't need any stinkin' JOC... celery is excellent in Ramen.