Old 23-03-2009, 08:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Celery - Favorite recipes?

In article ,
Goomba wrote:

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

Have you ever used half and half or evaporated milk instead of the heavy
cream, Serene? I'm thinking I'll try evaporated milk to add richness.

Huh? What could be richer tasting than cream itself?

Not much. :-)
I use evaporated milk for its lower saturated fat content, 1.5g/fl oz
v. 7g/fl oz for heavy whipping cream

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - pot pie