Old 23-03-2009, 08:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
tenman tenman is offline

Default My Psychopsis problem

clareinolywa wrote:
I just love these plants, but the feeling is not mutual. I've had a
cross for about one month now, and during this time, the new 4 inch
growth got mushy, a mature leaf got mushy and now another mature leaf
is drying off at the base.
What is my problem? I can only think that it's my watering.
I water once a week.
I thought the mushyness might be caused from getting water into the
leaf base, but just don't know.
I now have two blooming spikes and 2 leaves and five back rhisomes.
I am so totally clueless.

Finickiest orchids I've ever grown - and I grow disas!

They must absolutely dry out between waterings - and hopefully quickly.
Thus, you'll want them in something that requires you to water them
every 2-3 days, and they should be dry between. And no water in the
growths, especially new ones. Good air movement.

Don't ever let them get cold.

And even then they may still be irritable and die.

Good luck!