Old 23-03-2009, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Disposal of lawn moss?

In article ,
Sacha wrote:

Having treated my lawn with moss killer I now wish to rake it. I know
from past experience there will be a lot. In the past I have added it to
the compost heap, however in last Saturday's Telegraph that was a no no.
What does the panel think?

That believing anything you read in that rag is a no-no?

RAG?! The DT? Thud! It has one of the best gardening sections around,
atm.

It used to be said that it had a good opera section, too, but those
were the only two worth even glancing at. If it's really saying that
you can't compost moss after killing it, I dread to think what its
politics and economics are now like!

Normally, Anna Pavord in the Independent is OK, though not exciting,
but she has recently said that now is the time to prune ornamental
vines! I suspect some non-gardening editor, but still ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.