Old 23-03-2009, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek Turner Derek Turner is offline

Default Disposal of lawn moss?

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 18:16:07 +0000, Broadback wrote:

Not a very good post on my behalf, sorry. It was not the moss killer
they claimed was the problem, but that the composting would not kill the
live moss, hence it would spread around the garden if put in a compost
heap. Further comments appreciated please.

IME moss produces some of the hottest composting conditions known to
mankind. I've had it reduced to ash in the middle. Do an all-in-one hot
compost in a Dalek - that will kill anything. ayer the moss with some
straw or suchlike.