Old 23-03-2009, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Disposal of lawn moss?

In article ,
Broadback wrote:

Not a very good post on my behalf, sorry. It was not the moss killer
they claimed was the problem, but that the composting would not kill the
live moss, hence it would spread around the garden if put in a compost
heap. Further comments appreciated please.

!!!!! That's WORSE!

Moss spores are ubiquitous, and it grows where the conditions are right.
I suppose that it MIGHT spread from live material, but most species of
moss don't. Even when digging in live, uncomposted moss very shallowly,
I have never seen it 'take'.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.