Old 24-03-2009, 12:37 AM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default Inverted tomatos

I haven't used them but my son has grown his tomatoes with the upside down
planters for two years now. He started out with two, last year he had six,
this year he plans on hanging ten along the rafters of his patio cover since
it faces south and gets full sun all day. He's had great success with them.
He uses Miracle Grow Moisture Control potting soil. He said he had a problem
keeping the plants watered the first year so used the moisture control the
second and it worked out very well.

Val

"Not@home" wrote in message
A few years ago I only saw the inverted tomato planters on late night TV
ads (the kind where the pitch man screams at you) and figured they were a
gimmick. But now they are showing up in the more reputable catalogs I get.

Do these work? I'm tempted because we live in a city with limited garden
space, and apparently these could be used on a porch or patio.