Old 24-03-2009, 03:16 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default ROUND UP as last resort?

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message

..

So I should spray on the leaves, and not the ground level for the root to
absorb?

MC

That is correct. Round Up is absorbed by the leaves. If you spray the
ground around the plants, the plants may survive while all you kill is the
grass around them. You can also put it on the cut part of a tree stump to
help kill it off. Be sure to read the instructions before using it for best
results.

You can get it premixed or buy the concentrated form and cut it with water
to the correct concentration. If the leaves are on a plant of the slick
varity it may help to add a little soap to help it stick to the leaves. Any
that runs off to the ground is really wasted.

The main chemical (glyphosate) is not very harmful to people, atleast in
small ammounts on the skin. I use to think it would be deadly to people,
but it is not that bad if you do get some on your skin.