Old 24-03-2009, 05:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.food.cooking
Serene Vannoy Serene Vannoy is offline

Default Celery - Favorite recipes?

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
In article ,
Serene Vannoy wrote:
I *love* celery soup.

(snip)
adding more liquid if necessary to keep them covered. At the end,
either puree or don't, depending on your preference, and then add heavy
cream.
Serene

Have you ever used half and half or evaporated milk instead of the heavy
cream, Serene? I'm thinking I'll try evaporated milk to add richness.

Yep, and I've also used whole or nonfat milk, soymilk, rice milk, water
with leftover mashed potatoes mixed in...

Soup, in my house, uses what it can without sacrificing flavor.

Serene

--
42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Inaugural issue March '09!
http://42magazine.com

"But here's a handy hint: if your fabulous theory for ending war and
all other human conflict will not survive an online argument with
humourless feminists who are not afraid to throw rape around as an
example, your theory needs work." -- Aqua, alt.polyamory