Old 24-03-2009, 02:07 PM posted to triangle.gardens
[email protected] pakrat@usenet.pr.neotoma.org is offline

Default Container gardening

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 21:50:44 -0400 in Richard Evans wrote:
wrote:

How about a source for the cheap black plastic nursery pots? Logan
Trading web site doesn't show any. I can order them online from
Mellinger's but the minimum order is 60.

I've found that a lot of retailers don't actually list items like that.

The next time the folks from Brickman landscaping are on site, I was
going to ask if they had any left over from installations.

There are certain times of the year that Lowes and Home depot end up with
piles of empty containers, but I've never asked for any.

You can also try calling Witherspoon rose culture in Durham/Chapel Hill.

And I suspect that I'll be asking the folks at Homewood Nursery the next time
I'm there (albeit for smaller pots. SWMBO has given the go ahead for starting
hostas under the pecan tree).

If you're going to use used pots, remember you want to thoroughly clean them
and soak them in a solution of ~1 cup of bleach/gallon of water for
15 minutes to kill off plant pathogens.
(Or is it 1/4 cup of bleach/gallon, I forget).

--
Chris Dukes
davej eskimos have hundreds of words for snow. I have two. Bullshit.