Old 12-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Polar

Default Plants at Wal-Mart

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 14:11:50 -0400, spampot wrote:

Angela Coffey wrote:
I went to my local Wal-Mart Supercenter (in Mount Pleasant, TX) last week to
look at some flowers for my gardens. They were the most pitiful looking
things I've ever seen! I almost cried! At least 3/4 of their plants
(flowers, veggies, EVERYTHING) was either dead or dying. Seems to me they
should hire some people for that department that know what the hell they're
doing I'm thinking I may call the corporate offices and complain. Poor
plants, didn't have a chance with the people they've got working there now!
Maybe I should go work there, LOL! Ok...just wanted to vent...

Angie

Yet another reason not to shop at the Evil Corporate Giants. Go to a
local garden center instead. Yeah, I'm preaching, I know.

I calls it giving rational advice. I go to local garden centers where
I am known, treated with respect, cheerfully offered exchange-refund
on request if plants/seeds N.G., and generally feel I am dealing with
human beings instead of an "Evil Corporate Giant" (love it!)

--
Polar