Old 12-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Polar

Default Plants at Wal-Mart

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 11:53:14 -0500, "Angela Coffey"
wrote:

I went to my local Wal-Mart Supercenter (in Mount Pleasant, TX) last week to
look at some flowers for my gardens. They were the most pitiful looking
things I've ever seen! I almost cried! At least 3/4 of their plants
(flowers, veggies, EVERYTHING) was either dead or dying. Seems to me they
should hire some people for that department that know what the hell they're
doing I'm thinking I may call the corporate offices and complain. Poor
plants, didn't have a chance with the people they've got working there now!
Maybe I should go work there, LOL! Ok...just wanted to vent...

If you knew what those employees are paid, and how they are exploited
(forced overtime, no pay, for example), you might understand how they
have no time to care for the poor plants.

I think it would be way cool if you showed up with a watering can
and pruning shears and went around caring for the plants; watering;
dead-heading, etc. Have a camera crew from your local TV station
accompany you.

--
Polar