Old 24-03-2009, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default greenhouse or polytunnel

The message
from "Kate Morgan" contains these words:

My greenhouse needs replacing, the big ones are expensive so I am
considering a polytunnel instead. I have plenty of room so finding
somewhere
to put it will not be a problem.

I would welcome any comments that will help me make up my mind
greenhouse or
polytunnel ?

You can compromise, and put together one out of Twinwall polycarbonate.
This won't be as cheap as a polytunnel, but will have better heat
retention than glass.

Or, if you cover loosely your polytunnel, then cut some pipe insulation
lengthways (most is already scored), press it over the hoops so that the
polythene is squished in and tightened, tape it in place, then cover
that lot with another layer of polythene, you get a 'double-glazed'
effect.

--
Rusty