Old 12-04-2003, 09:20 PM
mick

Default Gardeners World

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
The new series of G.W. got off to a good start and I think Monty Don
will be better than A.T. More practical, less gimmicky.

I dont think the problem with Gardeners World was ever Alan Titchmarsh.
And I dont think Monty Don is going to improve things unless of course he
removes the hangers on , and reserve judgement for the moment. I didnt see
anything last night to make me think things had improved.

The real problem with gardeners World is still there - too many fingers in
the soil. Too many band wagon gardeners, not naming names but "the team".
Gardening is not a team game. One has ones garden and it is ones personal
and total domain. It aint a "team effort".
And I can understand why AT gave up the programme when having to work with
that Team and in HIS Garden!

I note the garden is for the first time not that of the presenter!??

Too many cooks and all that!