Old 25-03-2009, 02:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.food.cooking
Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig is offline

Default Celery - Favorite recipes?

On Mar 23, 3:00*pm, Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig
wrote:
On Mar 23, 10:46*am, Dan Musicant ) wrote:

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 22:00:11 GMT, "brooklyn1"
wrote:

::"Dan Musicant" wrote in message

.. .
: In order to plant my kabocha pumpkins a few days ago I had to dig up 3
: good sized celery plants and they're in my refrigerator in plastic bags.
: For me living alone, that's a lot of celery! Keeps well, but even so I'm
: going to need ideas or most of it will go bad. I need good ideas for
: recipes including celery. Celery sticks, celery with peanut butter I
: know about. Maybe some soups? What do you like? *TIA...
:
:
:I can use an entire bunch of celery in a stir fry... onions, bean sprouts,
:napa, garlic, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, lotta gloppy sauce, LO
ork/chicken... think chow mein.... n' fly lice. *Even better cold for
:breakfast... if you say you don't eat cold from the fridge LOs then you
:won't make it single, better find a mate.

Ah, a mate is on my agenda for certain!

LOs is something I'm very into. I don't cook in my microwave, I reheat!

Dan

Dan,
Don't worry. *Nobody cooks in a microwave except Barbara Kafka!
Lynn in Fargo
also lots of LOs.

PS: Gourmet April 2009 issue has a recipe for Sweet and Sour Celery -
it is part of their Passover article, Sephardic foods, looks good!