Old 25-03-2009, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,free.uk.diy.home

Default Base for garden shed?

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 12:46:34 +0000, Ed ex@directory wrote:

I have just ordered a 5ft x 3 ft pent shed with door on the longer side,
for my allotment.

But how to prepare base? I thinking of just whacking down a few runners?

Looked at loads of articles on google including :

http://www.secrets-of-shed-building....oundation.html

But maybe , this is all overkill ?

What do people with real practical experience think is best way to go?

Ed

Depends on what you want to spend. A poured concrete slab is ideal.
Next choice is crushed limestone in a frame. Around here, if a
groundhog, skunk, or chipmonk can get under it, he will.