Old 25-03-2009, 09:37 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Snakes

"a_nonny_mouse" wrote in

Tiger Snake related websites: "
==================
OR (from the same enquiry):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_snake

and surprise!!
"Habitat

Tiger snakes are found in coastal environments, wetlands, and creeks where
they often form territories. Areas with an abundance of prey, such as
frogs, can support large populations. The species' distribution extends
from the south of Western Australia through to South Australia, Tasmania,
up through Victoria, and New South Wales. Its common habitat includes the
coastal areas of Australia."
================
AND on BREEDING (from Google):

tiger snake breeding

"Breeding

Sexual actvity is sporadic throughout summer and reaches a peak in late
January and February. Mating may last for up to 7 hours, the female
occasionally dragging the male about. Males don't eat during periods of
sexual activity. Females stop eating 3-4 weeks before giving birth. Female
litter sizes have been recorded as high as 126 young, and litter size is
often related to female body size. Tiger snakes from small islands produce
fewer, larger young. Baby tiger snakes when born are 215 - 270 mm in
length. Females produce young at best every second year. There is no
maternal care amongst Tiger snakes. Tiger snakes do not become more
aggressive during the breeding season, but a male snake tracking a female
may well have his mind on other things and may be more easily surprised or
be in an unfamiliar environment. He may consequently be more nervous if
disturbed."

Trust this helps in answering your question and meets your needs?

No it doesn't. That information is even more limited that the information
that I already know about the Notechis that live in my area.

That is why I asked the questions that I did.