Old 25-03-2009, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,free.uk.diy.home
CanopyCo CanopyCo is offline

Default Base for garden shed?

On Mar 25, 7:46*am, Ed ex@directory wrote:
I have just ordered a 5ft x 3 ft pent shed with door on the longer side,
for my allotment.

But how to prepare base? *I thinking of just whacking down a few runners?

Looked at loads of articles on google including :

http://www.secrets-of-shed-building....oundation.html

But maybe , this is all overkill ?

What do people with real practical experience think is best way to go?

Ed

Does this shed come with a floor?

If it does, then just putting a concrete block at each corner will do.

If it does not have a floor, then I would put down a layer of crush
rock and put the shed on that.

The main thing is that you do not want wood touching dirt.
It can touch rock or concrete, but not dirt, or it will rot.