Old 25-03-2009, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,free.uk.diy.home
Ash Ash is offline

Default Base for garden shed?

Blocks arn't instead of the wooden bearers, they support the bearers and
keep them off the ground.

94p each at Wickes:
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Dense-Blocks...ck/invt/154040

3" by 3" posts would be adequate for such a short span, which would be the
width of your shed, 3foot less block dimension.

mark

For my shed on the allotment I had a ring round and found 3 nice and cheap
concrete fence posts from a local garden centre and laid these on the ground
and then popped my shed on top. Quick, cheap and easy ... it's been ok for
the last 10 years and expect it'll be ok for the next 10 years.

You can either leave the gap under the shed for a nice bit of ventilation of
you can just put some wooden offcuts around the base or something similar to
stop anything wanting to make a home underneath ... I left mine open and
found a family of hedgehogs moved in not long after I put the shed up ...
nice little creatures which love to eat all your snails and slugs.

Ash.