Old 25-03-2009, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,free.uk.diy.home
Alang Alang is offline

Default Base for garden shed?

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 18:34:20 +0000 (GMT), wrote:

In article ,
Sacha wrote:

Ed, this is now cross posted to so many groups that you're getting confusing
advice! It might be better for you if you post to one group that covers
wherever you live, e.g. UK or USA. I've never heard of anyone using
'anchors' on a shed in UK but it's possible that the person who answered you
lives in tornado country! This does not apply to urg - as long as we're
lucky. ;-)

In an exposed position towards the west, you would need to.

Indeed
I had a 6x5 greenhouse turn into a kite one day. Fortunately no one
was hurt but I anchored the next one in poured concrete at each
corner.

It *was* an exceptional wind that day. Took the roof off a house
higher up the hill completely.