Old 12-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Penny Morgan

Default Plants at Wal-Mart

Home Depot has the same results. They sell plants extremely cheap to draw
in customers to buy other things in the store and don't really care that the
plants don't fare well.

Lowe's Home Improvement was doing the same thing until last summer. They
have now contracted with a company that has people water and maintain the
plants. What a difference! I actually knew the girl who was maintaining
the plants. We had worked for a local garden center together in the past.
She knew her plants. The nice part is that Lowe's still offers plants at
the same competitive price as Home Depot.

I have a flower planting business and sometimes can get plants at Lowe's
cheaper than what I can buy from my wholesalers. Again, it's a ploy to get
customers to enter their store. So they can afford to lose some money or
break even, if it means higher sales inside the store. I don't know if
Lowe's is doing this nationally or not. This is in Raleigh, NC.

Go ahead and vent to Wal-Mart management and see if you get some results.
They don't know until you tell them.

Penny
Zone 7b - North Carolina
"Angela Coffey" wrote in message
I went to my local Wal-Mart Supercenter (in Mount Pleasant, TX) last week

look at some flowers for my gardens. They were the most pitiful looking
things I've ever seen! I almost cried! At least 3/4 of their plants
(flowers, veggies, EVERYTHING) was either dead or dying. Seems to me they
should hire some people for that department that know what the hell

they're
doing I'm thinking I may call the corporate offices and complain. Poor
plants, didn't have a chance with the people they've got working there

now!
Maybe I should go work there, LOL! Ok...just wanted to vent...

Angie